- Connected Classroom provides the platform schools need to engage the digital generation, differentiate instruction, teach critical 21st century skills and improve students’ learning experience
- Announces Dell™ Latitude™ 2120 netbook designed for education, Dell™ Latitude™ XT2 Tablet PC, a Mobile Digital Platform and Dell S300wi Wireless Short Throw Interactive Projector
- Connects teachers and students with the digital resources and tools they need to collaborate within the classroom, across the campus and around the world
MANILA, Philippines, 28 July 2011 – Dell announced advancements to its Connected Classroom learning environment with a number of products and solutions. These help provide schools and teachers with the necessary technology and understanding to transform the traditional classroom into an environment in which students can be nurtured and prepared for life in the digital age. New technologies enable teachers to more effectively engage students and individualize instruction with easy access to rich and diverse digital content.
In 2009, with design input from educators, Dell launched the Connected Classroom offering with the goal of helping schools to integrate information and communication technologies (ICT) beyond the PC lab into every aspect of the teaching and learning environment. Today’s announcement takes the Connected Classroom goals further. It offers a range of new technology platforms from which to build the Connected Classroom giving schools and teachers the confidence and tools to deliver effective education that meets every student’s needs. It helps teachers adopt individualized and collaborative learning practices while enhancing traditional teaching methods, ultimately increasing student engagement and promoting mastery of content.
New Technologies Announced Today:
By incorporating innovative, educational functionality into multi-purpose devices, such as teacher and student PCs and classroom projectors, schools can minimize the cost of purchasing and managing dedicated hardware devices and focus resources on enhancing teaching and learning.
Today’s announcement includes the launch of:
- Dell Latitude 2120 – the next evolution of Dell’s popular netbook offers several enhancements that support the rapid adoption and use of digital content in the classroom. In addition to the rubberized coating on the chassis the optional keyboard featuring anti-microbial protection1 now also includes a “tamper-resistant” design to help prevent loss of key-caps. A high definition anti-glare LED-backlit display (1366×768) and optional Broadcom Crystal HD accelerator make the most of rich new content and on-line assessments. The Latitude 2120 also comes with optional multi-touchscreen interface enabling touch applications to be brought to life, and optional webcam for easy collaboration in your connected classroom. It is scalable with connectivity options like integrated WiMAX support, embedded mobile broadband card and Bluetooth. The netbook also boasts an optional 128 GB solid-state drive (SSD) for low power consumption, quiet performance and fast access to data and optional 6-cell battery. It comes in Red, Black and Blue.
- Dell™ Latitude™ XT2 Tablet PC – the XT2 provides an outstanding tablet experience. A high-performance system designed with intuitive input capabilities including a capacitive multi-touchscreen and pen, the Latitude XT2 can work the way you want letting you use natural gestures like pinch or tap. With just a stroke of your fingertips, you can scroll through large web pages, zoom in on graphics, photos or maps, enlarge emails to aid reading, close your screen, collaborate in real-time, and more. At just an inch thin with an ultra-small power supply, the XT2 can comfortably go almost anywhere with its great features and plenty of flexible options — optional slim high-capacity battery slice, work in laptop or tablet mode, media base for docking, optical drive.
- Ergotron TeachWell Mobile Digital Platform –
a mobile workstation which allows teachers or students to conveniently accommodate all their devices and accessories on a single portable unit. The unit includes a cart, laptop/tablet pivot, document camera tray and bracket, integrated worksurface, wrist rest, keyboard tray with left/right mouse tray, mouse holder, open-front compartment, rear handle, document bin and four dual caster rollers (two locking). Ergonomically designed with negative-tilt keyboard tray ensures wrists remain in a neutral position during data entry.
- Dell S300wi Interactive, Short Throw Projector– combining the capabilities of an interactive pen with this multi-purpose, short throw projector, teachers can make virtually any smooth surface an interactive learning space. In addition, 3D capable* DLP technology allows for an experience that is not possible with traditional 2D content. While the new S300wi gives schools the flexibility to use any compatible interactive software platform and toolbar, it ships with eInstruction Interwrite Workspace (at no additional cost to customers), providing interactivity in no time.
*Requires separately purchased